Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Jacquelyne Images

These are some images I have been working with right now. I have more and plan to take a lot more. My whole concept is based off of a narrative, but not one in particular. I want the audience to somehow be able to relate to what is going on in the photographs or somehow put themselves in that position. However, I am trying to make the images speak to the audience in some way, shape or form. I want there to be some sort of narration that gives off a voyeuristic emotion within the viewer. Right now, the images do not really separate themselves from a one moment. I am continuing to shoot more and more so the final prints give a sense of time lapse and not look like they were taken over a course of a few days. I started using only myself, but when I brought another figure into the photographs, the narration I wanted to achieve started to show. I still have some questions on presentation and how the feel of the overall images. I am thinking about printing them large and having some close together while others are more spread about the wall. I want them to have a loud feeling but not overpower the viewer. So my question is, how should I present them? Would they work big? And what about having some black and white? I posted the sky pictures because I wanted to incorporate photographs with the figures that represent them as individuals. the sky photographs were the first I took, but I plan on maybe doing some illustrations or taking more "detail" images that would work together and separately with the original images. Basically, I want the narration to have a progression that portrays the individuals. So any ideas or suggestions would be helpful...












No comments: